Degree Programme in Construction and Municipal Engineering, Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering
Competence objectives of study unit
After completing this study unit student:
- masters the basics of electrics.
- is able to calculate different variable in simple electric circuits.
- understands the function of discrete electric components
- is able to use common electric measurement tools.
The main issues in the course:
- short rehearsal of the basics of electrical theory
- principles of Direct current (DC) and Alternate current (AC)
- principles of magnetics
- semiconductor basics
- electric components like resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors
- basic measurement tools, multimeter and oscilloscope
- electric safety