Dermatological, Ophthalmic and Otologic Nursing, 5 credits - 7031547
There is no timing planned for this course unit.
Number of ECTS credits
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Competence objectives of study unit
Dermatological, Ophthalmic and Otologic Nursing 5 cr ISKO
- Students will learn to plan, administer and evaluate the nursing of patients with common skin, eye, nose, throat and ear disorders.
- Students will know how to support and provide guidance to patients and their family members in cases of skin, eye, nose, throat and ear disorders.
Content of study unit
- Nursing and guidance of ophthalmic patients - Glaucoma, cataract, macular degeneration, eye infection, foreign object in the eye
- Nursing and guidance of patients with ear, nose and throat diseases - Tinnitus, Ménière’s disease, different types of dizziness
- Special features of surgical anaesthesia care
- Nursing and guidance of patients with skin disorders - Common skin disorders (allergies, psoriasis)