Advanced Studies in Health Promotion, 5 credits - 7031551
There is no timing planned for this course unit.
Number of ECTS credits
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Competence objectives of study unit
ADVANCED STUDIES IN HEALTH PROMOTION 5 CR TESY
- Students will learn to use customer-driven and engaging methods in the promotion of health and well-being among individuals, groups and communities.
- Students will learn to use resource- and health-oriented methods to promote the health of families and communities.
- Students will learn to promote health, well-being, functional capacity and ability to work and deepen their knowledge of environmental impacts on health and well-being.
- Students will know how to provide empowering, evidence-based health advice to customers/patients.
- Students will master customer-driven methods to promote health and well-being.
- Students will master various group work methods and know how to supervise peer groups.
- Students will become more proficient in using electronic services for self-care support and counselling.
- Students will know how to use health care technology to promote health and well-being.
- Students will learn more about addressing problems and assessing the need for early intervention, counselling and care.
- Students will learn to handle special questions regarding individuals and communities in cooperation with multidisciplinary expert groups.
- Students will learn to apply their knowledge of environmental impacts on the health of communities.
- Students will be capable of multiprofessional team work and know how to plan, implement, document and evaluate health promotion programmes using health care technology.
- Students will learn to apply and assess their skills and knowledge in a practical expert assignment related to their professional studies as part of health promotion (development) projects.
- Students will deepen their skills in the promotion of health and well-being among special groups.
Content of study unit
What do I know? 1 credit
- Customer-driven approach and engaging method
- Resource- and health-orientation
- Environmental impacts on health and well-being
- Health disparities and inequality
What can I do? 2 credits
- Empowering patient advice
- Customer-driven health promotion methods
- Supervisory methods for groups
- Digital applications and social media
How do I act? 2 credits
- Addressing of problems and early intervention
- Special questions at the individual and community level
- Special groups in the promotion of health and well-being