Preclinical Training in Patient Examination, 2 credits - 7031552
1st year fall term
Number of ECTS credits
Preclinical Training in Patient Examination 7031552-3004 01.01.2020-31.07.2020 2 credits(MSHTK20A)+-
Teacher(s) in charge
Kaisa Friman, Mervi Rasilainen
01.01.2020 - 31.07.2020
Enrollment date range
02.12.2019 - 30.04.2020
Health and Well-being
Degree Programme in Nursing
Competence objectives of study unit
Preclinical Training in Patient Examination 2 crASLUP
- Students will know how to interact with patients and their families
- Students will know how to interview patients, carry out observations and document them appropriately.
- Students will know how to observe the patient’s general condition and vital functions.
- Students will become familiar with the principles of the clinical examination of patients’ vital functions.
- Students will master the instruments used in clinical examination.
- Students will know how to draw conclusions from the clinical examination of patients.
- Students will know how to use clinical examination findings to assess patients’ need for care.
- Students will understand the importance of patient safety and will act accordingly.
Content of study unit
- Identification and examination of the vital functions of a healthy individual (circulation, respiration, consciousness, metabolism/excretion)
- Interviewing patients and surveying their general condition
- Customer-driven approach in interacting with patients and their family members
- Instruments used in clinical examination.