Advanced Simulation 1 cr SYSIP
- Students will learn to apply the skills and knowledge necessary in the care environment to the nursing of patients.
- Students will learn to assess the patients’ need for care and answer the needs with nursing assistance methods both independently and as a multiprofessional teammember.
- Students will learn to base their actions on facts when working in a team providing demanding care.
- Students will learn to examine and observe patients in need of demanding nursing and draw conclusions from the care provided.
- Students will master the procedures and equipment of demanding nursing, as well as pharmacotherapy and fluid therapy.
- Students will learn to support critically ill patients and their family members.
- Students will become familiar with the treatment path.
- Students will learn to secure the continuity of patient care (e.g. ISBAR, documentation and reporting).
- Students will learn to assess their own competence and develop their nursing skills.
- Students will learn to use evidence-based information for decision-making and evaluate the customer’s treatment process systematically.
- Students will learn to plan, provide and evaluate safe pharmacotherapy as a multiprofessional team member.
- Students will learn to identify customers in crisis and answer their needs for care.
- Students will learn to work as members of multiprofessional teams and assume leadership responsibilities.
- Students will practice patient care and professional operations in simulated cases.
Content of study unit
- Multiprofessional addressing of a patient’s needs
- Demanding care of children and adolescents
- Demanding care of mental health and substance abuse patients
- Care of elderly patients