Consumer Behaviour and Consumption (5 cr)
01.06.2022 - 15.09.2022
29.08.2022 - 31.01.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
- Degree Programme in Business
- Krista Holopainen
- Ryhmä A (Size: 35. Open UAS: 0.)
- Ryhmä B (Size: 35. Open UAS: 0.)
After this course, the student will be able to
- describe and understand the internal and external factors that shape consumer behaviour and consuming;
- define and understand the basic concepts and theories about consumer behaviour and consumer culture;
- recognize and analyze information about consumers and consuming;
- recognize and envision future trends;
- interpret and apply consumer knowledge when making marketing decisions.
Introduction to consumer behaviour, consumption and consumer culture
Consumer identities, values and lifestyle
Consumers as decision-makers
Consumers and their social groups
Culture and consumer behaviour
Consumption and cultural differences
Lecture slides and other materials will be shared in Itslearning.
Contact teaching; individual and group assignments; learning checks; learning diary.
5 ECTS equals about 135 hours of work. This work consist of lectures, assignments, studying independently and writing the learning diary.
- Introduction to consumer behaviour, consumption and consumer culture.
- Perception and meaning.
- Consumer motivation, values and lifestyles.
- Consumers as decision-makers.
- Consumers and their social groups.
- Culture and consumer behaviour.
2022 there will be two study groups, max. 35 students per each.
08.09.2022 09.00 - 12.00
22.09.2022 09.00 - 12.00
06.10.2022 09.00 - 12.00
27.10.2022 09.00 - 12.00
10.11.2022 09.00 - 12.00
24.11.2022 09.00 - 12.00
08.12.2022 09.00 - 12.00
08.09.2022 14.00 - 17.00
22.09.2022 14.00 - 17.00
29.09.2022 09.00 - 12.00 !!!
13.10.2022 09.00 - 12.00 !!!
10.11.2022 13.00 - 16.00
24.11.2022 14.00 - 17.00
08.12.2022 14.00 - 17.00
The contents of the course, assignments, instructions etc. are presented more thoroughly on the first lecture.
Assessment methods and criteria
Assessment will be based on learning checks, assignment(s), learning diary, returning given tasks in time and following the instructions, and participating lectures.
Also, to pass the course ALL the following conditions must be met:
1) Participation rate must be at least 70%.
2) At least 70 % of the total of learning checks and/or assignments are passed.
3) Reflective report about course contents is returned and passed.