All materials in ITS.
Contact lessons/info, teamwork, individual work, reports. Pedagogical methods used: Project learning, problem based learning, CDIO and innovation pedagogy.
Things to evaluate in Capstone:
• Attending group meetings
• Willingly accepts assigned tasks
• Contributes positively to group discussions.
• Completes work on time or make alternative arrangements.
• Helps others with their work when needed.
• Work accurately and completely, quality of the work is sufficient.
• Contribute a fair share to weekly tasks.
• Works to find out how to solve a problem and suggesting ideas.
• Overall is valuable member of the team.
The course is evaluated with grades 0-5. Assessment based on groups peer assessment and tutor’s assessment. Peer assessment will be made at the end of the course, but tutor asses constantly during the autumn.
05.01.2023 - 28.04.2023
05.12.2022 - 20.01.2023
300 - 450
Engineering and Business
Hazem Al-Bermanei (Hazem.Al-Bermanei@turkuamk.fi)
Degree Programme in Information and Communication Technology, Degree Programme in Information and Communications Technology
Innovation project is typically a development project implemented in co-operation with a company or another external customer. However, the project may also be a part of Turku University of Applied Science’s internal research and development activities or it can be based on a student’s, student team’s own project, or business idea. In addition, development projects related to different student competitions are applicable.
Students select their preferred projects they want to work after exhibition held on 13.01.2023 at 08,00-12,00.
After completing the course, the student can:
• participate in systematic research and development activities as a responsible member of the project team
• describe the principles of project team operation and project control
• explain the importance of the project’s goals to the business of the stakeholders
• use modern tools of project management in project planning and implementation
• solve problems related to project implementation
• apply his/her knowledge to achieve project goals
• document the project
• identify areas of further development related to one’s professional skills and is able to deepen one’s professional skills according to the project’s goals
• evaluate his/her learning and professional development in the project.
4 hours on Tuesday and 4 hours on Friday
Additionally student work in (SCRUM or other project management methods) team together with rest of team member and must meet their coach weekly.
13.01.2023 - 30.04.2023.
• Project Work for pre-selected companies or organizations
• Working in groups of 5-10 students
• Each project has dedicated coach (staff member) and product owner (typically customer representative).
• SCRUM or some other method for project management
Idea/creation phase: Sep-Dec
Execution/prototyping phase: 13.01.2023 - 30.04.2023
• Student has not contributed to group discussions.
• Student has not helped others when needed.
• Student has not returned assignments.
• Student has not contributed a fair share to weekly tasks.
• Student has not worked to find out how to solve a problem.
• Level of the final result is poor.
• Student has contributed to group discussions.
• Student has completed work late or after reminder.
• Student has helped others when needed on acceptably way.
• The quality of assignments made by the student is satisfactory.
• Student has contributed a fair share to weekly tasks on acceptably way.
• Student has worked to find out how to solve a problem on acceptably way.
Grades (3 and 4) is placed between commendable and acceptably
• Student has contributed positively to group discussions.
• Student has completed work on time on commendable way.
• Student has helped others with their work.
• The quality of assignments made by the student is commendable.
• Student has contributed a fair share to weekly tasks on commendably way.
• Student has worked to find out how to solve a problem and suggesting ideas on commendable way.