Patient handling in safe and rehabilitating way, 4 credits - TH00CJ56
2nd year fall term
3rd year spring term
Number of ECTS credits
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Competence objectives of study unit
The student is able to:
- Define the basic principles of ergonomics,
- Understand and observe natural movements and recognize the importance of motor learning in patient handling
- Choose and utilize the proper transfer technique/s and assistive device/s depending on the patient's functional level.
- Identify, evaluate and diminish risk factors in patient handling, both patient and professional perspectives
- Communicate in multiprofessional environment to achieve safe and rehabilitating patient handling situations
- Integrate ethical reasoning in patient handling situations.
Content of study unit
Basics of ergonomics. Risk assessment. Natural movement and functional capacity of a patient. Body awareness and motor learning. Biomechanics in patient handling. Patient handling principles and management policies. Ethics and communication during patient handling.