* Understand the concepts of static and dynamic characterisation of sensors.
* Understand how sensors are calibrated.
* Can describe a sensor with a block diagram.
* Understands what error sources are connected to measurements
* Knows the most common measurements technologies used
Content of study unit
* Static characterisation, linearity, sensitivity, hysteresis, repeatability
* Dynamic characterisation, first and second order response
* Usage of block diagrams to describe sensors
* Basics of calibration
* Measurement signals and noise
* Sensor technologies, microsensors, electrochemical sensors