Degree Programme in Construction and Municipal Engineering
Competence objectives of study unit
This course offers the frame of reference, within which the student is given an opportunity to master key physical fundamentals and characteristic approaches in engineering:
- Make use of The International System of Units to interpret and explain engineering knowledge.
- Interpret and solve physical quantity equations together with their results and variations in physical quantities and their influences.
- Explain dependences between physical quantities by defining new physical quantities and interpreting natural phenomena.
- Evaluate validity and application of used physical and engineering concepts and methods.
- Generalize fundamental physical concepts and principles together with fundamental interactions and conservation laws as unifying element in physical phenomena
Content of study unit
- Fluid mechanics
- Temperature and a change in it
- Thermal energy
- Thermal energy transfer
- Magnetic field