Sexuality Across the Human Lifespan, 5 credits - 7031550
There is no timing planned for this course unit.
Number of ECTS credits
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Competence objectives of study unit
SEXUALITY ACROSS THE HUMAN LIFESPAN 5 cr SEKSY
- Students will learn to handle sexuality in different nursing contexts and operating environments.
- Students will allow sexuality to be discussed in all care relationships.
- Students will be able to provide different patient groups with sexuality-related guidance.
- Students will understand the influence of cultures and diversity on sexuality
- Students will become aware of ethical perspectives on sexuality.
- Students will acquire the skills and knowledge to plan and provide breastfeeding counselling and assess breastfeeding situations with the family.
- Students will learn to promote a positive attitude to infants
Content of study unit
- Sexuality at the different stages of life
- Dealing with sexuality as a nurse and in nursing
- Sexuality in connection with health problems
- Sexuality in different cultures
- Sexual rights and their realisation
- WHO breastfeeding counselling training