Assessment and Measurement In Clinical Work, 2 credits - TH00BX57
There is no timing planned for this course unit.
Number of ECTS credits
Assessment and Measurement In Clinical Work TH00BX57-3001 02.08.2020-01.01.2021 2 credits(PFYSIS19)+-
Teacher(s) in charge
Pirjo Pennanen, Satu Takala
02.08.2020 - 01.01.2021
Enrollment date range
03.07.2020 - 01.08.2020
Health and Well-being
Degree Programme in Physiotherapy
Competence objectives of study unit
The student is able to
• explain the means of physiotherapeutic examination and the factors affecting their reliable use,
• explain the phenomena of muscle strength, aerobic condition, flexibility and elasticity,
• name factors affecting on muscle strength, aerobic condition, flexibility and elasticity,
• examine muscle strength, aerobic condition and elasticity reliably from the health point of view as well as draw up conclusions and form goals based on examination,
• apply the principles of exercising muscle strength, aerobic condition and elasticity for promoting well-being and health taking into account clients’ resources,
• indentify the significance of client’s recovery as a part of exercising health related condition.
Content of study unit
Examination and documentation in physiotherapy: observation, interviewing, palpation and measurement, principles of reliable measurement and testing, factors affecting realibility
Muscle strength and its subareas, the principles of measuring and exercising muscle strength, RM, the principles of measuring and exercising muscle elasticity, the principles of measuring and exercising aerobic condition.