Patient handling in safe and rehabilitating way, 4 credits - TH00CJ56
3rd year spring term
Number of ECTS credits
Patient handling in safe and rehabilitating way TH00CJ56-3001 02.01.2023-14.05.2023 4 credits(MFYSIK22, ...)+-
Teacher(s) in charge
Kati Naamanka, Satu Takala
02.01.2023 - 14.05.2023
Enrollment date range
03.12.2022 - 31.01.2023
25 - 55
Health and Well-being
Degree Programme in Physiotherapy
Päivittyy Itsiin. (not translated)
Competence objectives of study unit
The student is able to:
- Define the basic principles of ergonomics,
- Understand and observe natural movements and recognize the importance of motor learning in patient handling
- Choose and utilize the proper transfer technique/s and assistive device/s depending on the patient's functional level.
- Identify, evaluate and diminish risk factors in patient handling, both patient and professional perspectives
- Communicate in multiprofessional environment to achieve safe and rehabilitating patient handling situations
- Integrate ethical reasoning in patient handling situations.
Content of study unit
Basics of ergonomics. Risk assessment. Natural movement and functional capacity of a patient. Body awareness and motor learning. Biomechanics in patient handling. Patient handling principles and management policies. Ethics and communication during patient handling.