After completing the Bachelor’s Thesis the student can:
- apply her/his knowledge and skills to fulfill professional engineering assignments
- study independently state-of-the-art engineering challenges and propose functional, economically rational, and ethically sustainable solutions to solve those challenges
- work innovatively and systematically according to the agreed project schedule
- utilize literature and other information sources
- select and use proper working methods and tools
- evaluate of the source material, the knowledge base of the work, the methods used, and the results critically
- communicate clearly with other professionals and customers.
Content of study unit
The Bachelor’s Thesis is a research and development project that is completed independently supported by the stakeholder’s instructor and the supervising teacher. The thesis project is carried out on a topic related to the student's professional field. The work must be useful for the customer as well as exhibit the student's understanding of the field. The thesis project is divided in two 10 cr parts (planning phase and implementation phase).
Content of the implementation phase:
- Implementation of the project
- Reporting and evaluation of the project and its results
- Final seminar
- Maturity exam.