Get Programming with Node.js
1 edition (March 15, 2019)
* The book is 480 pages, but the reading area of the course is less than 300 pages.
* Unfortunately, the book is not available in electronic form through the library of our educational institution.
Programming By doing learning
Interaction with teacher and classmates
The course is graded on a scale of 0-5.
In order to receive an approved performance, the student must receive an acceptable mark for both 1) personal practice tasks and 2) group work.
You can get a maximum of 10 points for each practice task. You can therefore get a maximum of 100 points for all practice tasks.
Personal practice tasks: 20 points -> grade 0.5; 30 -> 1; 45 -> 1.5; 60 -> 2; 75 - 2.5; 90 -> 3.
Participation in group work: 0.0 - 2.0.
(In both cases, 0.5 is the first accepted grade)
03.11.2022 - 30.03.2023
30.07.2022 - 16.01.2023
Engineering and Business
Degree Programme in Information and Communication Technology, Degree Programme in Information and Communications Technology
The course includes 13-15 supervised work and theory sessions, 10 personal assignments, and a teamwork assignment. No exam.
* Exercise work is done individually outside the instructional sessions. The topic of the assignment is specified during the first month of the course.
* Planned course progress:
Content and topic of lectures. We proceed according to the chapters in the coursebook.
1: Chapters 0-2 of the Course Start Theory and Development Environment Creation Book
2: Modules and a simple web server - chapters 3-4 of the book
3. Chapters 5 and 6 of the Request Processing and Routing Book
4: Chapters 8 and 9 of the Express and MVC book
5: Outlook and Error Handling - Chapters 10 and 11
6: MongoDB Database Connection and Mongoose Schemas and Templates - Chapters 13 and 14 of the book
7: Controllers and Models - Chapter 16 of the book
8: Working with Data Models - Chapters 17 and 18 of the book
9: Working with Data Models - Chapters 19 and 21
10: Sessions and User Authentication - Book Chapters 22-24
* Two or three lectures will be used for demo and other as yet undefined purposes.
* Each group must set aside 15 minutes for the last week of the course to demonstrate the assignment. Individual teamwork must also be able to demonstrate on this occasion.
* The study plan may change as the course progresses.