Finnish Language and Communication (3 cr)
02.06.2023 - 14.09.2023
07.09.2023 - 15.12.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
67 % Contact teaching, 33 % Distance learning
Salo IoT Campus
15 - 35
- Degree Programme in Social Services
- Päivi Myllymäki
- Avoimen AMK:n kiintiöpaikat. Ilmoittaudu ilman tätä pienryhmää (Size: 5. Open UAS: 5.)
- Open UAS quota. Please enroll without selecting this group
- 14.09.2023 10:00 - 15:00, Finnish Language and Communication 1001006-3252
- 21.09.2023 08:00 - 16:00, Finnish Language and Communication 1001006-3252
- 28.09.2023 10:00 - 15:00, Finnish Language and Communication 1001006-3252
- 05.10.2023 08:00 - 16:00, Finnish Language and Communication 1001006-3252
- 12.10.2023 08:00 - 16:00, Finnish Language and Communication 1001006-3252 INDEPENDENT WORK
- 02.11.2023 09:00 - 16:00, Finnish Language and Communication 1001006-3252 CANCELLED!
- 23.11.2023 10:00 - 16:00, Finnish Language and Communication 1001106-3252 Presentations
The student is able to act in a purposeful way in communicating and interacting in working life situations. He/she is able to take into consideration the receiver, the situation and the demands of the field and to communicate in an analytical, understandable and convincing manner.
The student is able and willing to develop his/her skills in the Finnish language and communication as part of his/her professional competence.
Students know how to
-interpret the professional texts in their own field as part of information literacy skills and use their skills in new, different situations (for instance, text analysis and summary)
-write factual, consistent and understandable texts (for instance, small scale studies, reports, essays, professional presentations using source material) and to give references to sources according to given instructions (the basics of research communication)
-use up-to-date tools as support for their own linguistic ability in proof-reading (central contents in correcting language and text)
-act in a professional way in the verbal communication situations in working life, and to prepare for diverse speaking situations in a purposeful way (i.e. with the help of situation analysis and analysis plan)
-express themselves clearly using visual aids and by using language appropriate to the situation
-assess their own communication skills (the language and structure of spoken and written language, factors affecting readability and understandability, the effectiveness of the message)and to give and receive constructive criticism
This course is meant for foreign students in PSOSS23EN group and it provides an introduction to Finnish language, culture and society.
Tämä opintojakso on tarkoitettu PSOSS23EN-ryhmän ulkomaalaistaustaisille opiskelijoille johdannoksi Suomen kieleen (A1.1) ja kulttuuriin. Tämä opintojakso ei vastaa suomen kielen ja viestinnän jaksoa.
NOTE! Teaching classes are in Salo IOT Campus!
14.9. at 10.00 - 15.00
21.9. independent work
28.9. at 10.00 - 15.00
5.10. independent work
12.10. independent work
2.11. at 9.00 - 15.30 presentations CANCELLED!
Presentations on 23.11.at 10.00 - 15.30 in Salo IOT campus!