Basics of Drawing I 2021080-3004 19.10.2021-17.12.2021 5 credits(PKUVAS21)+-
Competence objectives of study unit
The students will be able to
• apply basic information about materials, techniques and modes of expression used in drawing.
• use tools and materials in a professional and environmentally sustainable manner.
• organize their workspace in a practical and appropriate manner.
• develop their own expression.
• apply historical knowledge about drawing techniques and modes of expression.
Content of study unit
On this course, the students will study materials, techniques and expression in drawing and learn about the history and current practices in drawing. Observation-based work focuses on studying forms from their perspective of structure and proportions, space and light, surface structures and the sense of material. Croquis drawing is a method of learning observation and concentration. Free drawing seminars focus on developing students’ personal expression, independent working skills and giving and receiving feedback.