Market Research (5 cr)
02.07.2022 - 09.09.2022
05.09.2022 - 11.11.2022
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
- Degree Programme in Business
- Riikka Kulmala
Student is able to
- plan market research
- select suitable research methods and use them
- select suitable information acquisition methods
- interpret market information, analyze market information, and interpret the results of the analysis.
Methods, tools, and information sources for market research
Interpretation, analysis, and use of market information
Location and time
Fall semester 2018, Lemminkäisenkatu, Turku.
Course material is available in ITSlearning environment.
Lectures, exercises, group work, and real-world marketing research project for external organization.
The date of the exam will be determined in the end of the course.
Lectures, exercises and practical marketing research project.
No alternative ways.
A marketing research project combined with the lectures and exercises. Student's effort 5cr.
The basics of marketing research
- The role and uses of marketing research
- The marketing research process
- Different types of marketing research
- Surveys, their design and analysis
- The most common challenges and sources of errors in marketing research
- Analysis and reporting of results
- Practical execution of marketing research
Assessment methods and criteria
Activity during the course, exercises, marketing research project, and exam. The exam is 1/3, exercises and activitty 1/3, and marketing research project 1/3 of the evaluation. All parts have to be acceptably done in order to pass the course. The language, style, and structure of reports and returned answers are important part of the evaluation.
Assessment criteria, fail (0)
Missing parts of the course. No ability to apply the contents of the course.
Assessment criteria, satisfactory (1-2)
Passed exercises, exam and project.
Assessment criteria, good (3-4)
Better than passed exercises, exam, and project work. Ability to plan activities and utilize marketing research concepts and practices.
Assessment criteria, excellent (5)
Shown ability to manage and apply marketing research methods.