Tiina Ferm, Leena Mattila, Poppy Skarli, Mauri Suhonen, Jetro Vesti, Noora Maritta Nieminen
Teaching material in Itslearning.
lessons, tasks, independent studying, teamwork, project work
• Final report
• Working hours. (peer review)
• Success in the Demo Day.
The weight value of all these is informed in the Assessment form of the group
09.01.2023 - 30.04.2023
30.11.2022 - 18.01.2023
90 - 140
Engineering and Business
Students need their laptop during the course.
Degree Programme in Information and Communications Technology
During the course, the students study the basic skills of product development. The students work in groups and produce a new innovative solution to problems of everyday life. The student groups make a project plan, marketing plan and testing plan during the course for their groups' own project. Furthermore, the groups have to track their hours for the whole course. The course culminates in a competition taking place in April where company representatives will evaluate the quality of the student products.
After completing the course the student can:
- describe and perform product development process steps
- create a project plan
- act as a member of a project group
- perform technical problem solving in small groups
- plan, design and document simple programs/products
- write reports and design promotional materials
- taking into account patents, laws and directives relating to various products
- utilize an e-learning platform.
Lessons 60 h
Independent studying, making and presenting groups' optional project 130 h
• 1/2022 - 4/2022: Different tasks of product development.
• 1/2022 - 4/2022: Groups' optional project in which the planning and implementation and reporting are included
• 4/2022: Demo Day in the ICT-City.