Python 3 –ohjelmointi, Jussi Pekka Kasurinen, Docendo (in Finnish)
The material made by the teacher. It is delivered in Optima.
Contact hours, based on tasks (making programs), self study (ViLLE)
Homework (max 50 p., linear table). Continuous assessment [formative assessment, self evaluation, guiding feedback].
ViLLE (Visual learning environment) and itslearning: [machine evaluation, guiding feedback]
Learning the concepts of the programming is tested in the exam (max 50 p.) electronically by ViLLE. [summative assessment, teacher evaluation]
Two re-exams (max 50 p.) are arranged [summative assessment, teacher evaluation].
29.08.2022 - 16.12.2022
01.06.2022 - 07.09.2022
20 - 40
Engineering and Business
A student needs his/her own computer.
Degree Programme in Information and Communications Technology
Students learn to design ja code programs. With exercises theoretical issues are trained in. English terms and definitions are the essential part of the studies. The students also utilize videos, tutorials and new learning environments (ViLLE, itslearning).
Contact hours 42 h
Self study (ViLLE, itslearning) and checking continuously homework automatically by learning environments and preparing the exam. 93 h
Total 135 h
September - December 2022
w35: Introduction to programming, Tools,
Python Basics - Lecture 1
w36: Data types - Lecture 2
w37: Strings - Lecture 3
w38: Conversions - Lecture 4
w39: Boolean - Lecture 6, If-statement - Lecture 5
w40: For and while loops - Lecture 7
w41: Functions - Lecture 8
w43: Scope - Lecture 9
w44: Handling of files - Lecture 'x'
w45: Lists - Lecture 10
w46: Tuples - Lecture 11
w47: Dictionaries - Lecture 12
w48: Recap and extra (+ Lecture 13, Lecture 14, Lecture 15)
w49: Exam 1
• does not know basic concepts of programming
• cannot read or write simple programs
• knows such basic concepts of programming as variables, control Structures and functions
• understands how the program flow is going
• can read or write simple programs
• knows such basic concepts of programming as variables, control structures, functions, classes, objects and arrays
• understands how the program flow is going and is able to find easy errors
• can make simple programs
• knows such basic concepts of programming as variables, control structures and functions, classes and objects
• utilizes some data Structures as arrays, lists and hash tables.
• understands how the program flow is going and is able to use debugger and error handling
• can make programs that include aforesaid concepts.