Care Needs and Needs-Based Empowering Nursing 7031485-3023 01.01.2020-31.05.2020 4 credits(PTERTK20)+-
Competence objectives of study unit
CARE NEEDS AND NEEDS-BASED EMPOWERING NURSING 4 CR HOTA
- Students will learn how to interact with people from different cultures and assess their need for treatment, as well as to plan, provide and evaluate treatment.
- Students will know how to plan, provide and evaluate key nursing functions.
- Students will know how to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of treatment.
- Students will learn to document the different phases of the treatment process in accordance with regulations, using structured, harmonised classifications.
- Students will understand their responsibility for promoting patient safety.
- Students will know how to promote patient safety at all stages of the treatment process.
- Students will know how to provide first aid.
- Students will become familiar with the theoretical, philosophical, ethical and pedagogical premises of teaching and supervision.
Content of study unit
The study unit comprises 2 cr of studies offered in English
- Nurse-patient relationship, empowerment
- Goal-oriented nursing and its documentation
- The nursing process in decision-making regarding nursing - Identification of treatment needs
- Nursing plan and its implementation
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment
- National model for structured documentation in nursing, legislation on documentation (the Drawing up and Handling of Patient Documents handbook)
- Key nursing functions and their appropriate provision: - Daily activities (functional capacity, self-care deficit)
- Vital functions and basic resuscitation
- Sensory functions
- Nutrition and fluid balance
- Tissue integrity: treatment of chronic lesions
- Coping, mental balance
- Encountering death
- Team work
- Defining the need for, planning, providing, assessing and documenting teaching and supervision
- Patient safety:
- Areas of patient safety
- Safety of treatment environment, treatment and treatment procedures