Basics of Nursing 7031563-3003 01.08.2020-31.12.2020 5 credits(MSHTK20A)+-
Competence objectives of study unit
Basics of nursing 5 cr PEHA
- Students will learn to organise a safe environment.
- Students will learn to help patients with daily tasks and to assess their resources and need for care.
- Students will learn to create a respectful nurse-patient relationship and to take ethical considerations into account when caring for patients.
- Students will practice performing nursing assistance and examination methods.
- Students will learn to promote occupational and patient safety.
- Students will learn to perform aseptic techniques.
- Students will practice providing customers/patients with guidance to promote their health and deal with health changes.
- Students will learn to document information regarding patients and their care.
- Students will practice providing safe pharmacotherapy (medication passport).