Oil Painting Techniques (5 cr)
08.09.2023 - 23.10.2023
24.10.2023 - 16.11.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Linnankatu Arts Campus
4 - 10
- Degree Programme in Fine Arts
- Erika Adamsson
- 24.10.2023 12:00 - 16:00, Maalauksen öljyliukoiset menetelmät KU00BS57-3003.Maalauksen pohjustus
- 25.10.2023 09:00 - 16:00, Maalauksen öljyliukoiset menetelmät KU00BS57-3003. Maalauksen pohjustus.
- 26.10.2023 09:00 - 10:00, Maalauksen öljyliukoiset menetelmät KU00BS57-3003Maalauksen pohjustus.
The students will be able to
• apply oil-based techniques in their expression
• analyse and compare the effect of different binders on the painting process and observe the health and safety and environmental aspects when working with solvents
• apply colour theory in practice
• apply historical knowledge about oil painting techniques and modes of expression.
• understand the qualities of different pigments and their applications in painting.
The students’ learn about the history and theory of oil-soluble methods and practise the potential of the techniques as part of their expression.
The courses are completed as course assignments, in which the students will explore the different aspects of oil painting and the modes of expression.
The students are expected to actively participate in instruction and feedback discussions and to complete the course assignments to the required standard.