Basics of Quality and Standards (3 cr)
02.05.2023 - 22.09.2023
18.09.2023 - 12.11.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Engineering and Business
100 - 110
- Degree Programme in Energy and Environmental Technology
- Sari Airenne
- 21.09.2023 14:00 - 16:00, Laadunhallinnan ja standardien perusteet TE00CE28-3002
- 12.10.2023 14:15 - 15:30, Laadunhallinnan ja standardien perusteet TE00CE28-3002
- 06.11.2023 08:00 - 11:00, Laadunhallinnan ja standardien perusteet TE00CE28-3002
- 08.11.2023 13:00 - 16:00, Laadunhallinnan ja standardien perusteet TE00CE28-3002
- understands the value and the principle of the standardization
- is familiar with the general structure and the terminology of the standards
- is able to utilize a standard
- is familiar with the PDCA-cycle and risk-based thinking
- knows the most common quality standards
- Quality management principles
- General knowledge of standards
- Management system standards
Materials are provides on the Itslearning platform. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 450001 are available SFS Online -database (FINNA)
The studying is based on independent online learning. The different assignments and quizzes support your learning.
Grading is based on learning assignments (no exam).
Independent study, individual assignments and group assignments.
The different themes of the course involve study material and various learning assignments.
Assessment criteria, approved/failed
The assignments have been returned on schedule and done in accordance with the given assignment specific instructions.
Study of the course is scheduled, and the parts must be completed on the given timeline.
The course begins with an introduction to the basics of quality management and standards. After completing this part, the student will move on to study the content and objectives of ISO 9001 (quality management), ISO 14001 (environmental management) and ISO 45001 (occupational health and safety) standards.
Assessment methods and criteria
The grading of the course is based on the learning assignments (approved /failed)
Assessment criteria, fail (0)
The assignments have been completed incompletely or they have not been completed. And the student has not achieved the learning goals of the course.