Advanced Studies in Internal Medicine and Surgical Patients (5 cr)
15.06.2022 - 30.09.2022
03.10.2022 - 11.11.2022
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Health and Well-being
- Degree Programme in Nursing
- Kaisa Friman
- Saara Laaksonen
ADVANCED STUDIES IN INTERNAL MEDICINE AND SURGICAL PATIENTS 5 ECTS SIKSY
• Students will learn to determine the need for demanding special care of internal medicine/surgical patients, to plan, administer and evaluate such care, as well as to support and provide guidance for patients and their family members.
• Students will gain proficiency in the main treatment methods of internal medicine and surgical patients, treatment-related technology and the creation of a safe care environment.
• Students will master the main nursing treatment methods, treatment-related technology and the creation of a safe care environment.
• Students will enhance their competence in demanding pharmacotherapy and fluid therapy administered to internal medicine and surgical patients.
• Students will learn to treat patients suffering from a grave illness or trauma and their family members.
• Students will learn to provide patient guidance related to surgical operations and to plan the support and rehabilitation of patients facing permanent changes in body image and functional capacity
• Students will know how to determine the need for, to plan, administer and evaluate the care of patients in demanding perioperative care
• Students will enhance their skills and knowledge in demanding nursing of patients in surgical units
• Students will master the treatment methods of perioperative nursing, treatment-related technology and the creation of a safe care environment
• Students will deepen their competence in the pharmacotherapy and fluid therapy of surgical patients
Advanced Studies in Internal Medicine Nursing 2.5 ECTS SISY
• Nursing of patients with multiple internal medicine disorders
• Demanding arrhythmia
• Multi-illness internal medicine patient
• Pacemaker patients
• Kidney failure
• Neurological patients
• More profound and broader examination of topics introduced in SIHO
Advanced Studies in Surgical Nursing 2.5 ECTS KISY
• Nursing of thoracic and blood vessel surgical patients
• Nursing of patients with multiple injuries
• Nursing of neurosurgical patients
• Nursing of patients with burns
Case-studies, online courses, simulations in the simulation center in Medisiina D building.
Online learning, case based learning and simulation learning.
Weeks 40-45, on Mondays and Wednesdays at 15.30-18.00