Sexuality Across the Human Life Span TH00BV63-3003 01.01.2023-31.07.2023 5 credits(PSHSK21A, ...)+-
Competence objectives of study unit
SEXUALITY ACROSS THE HUMAN LIFE SPAN 5 ECTS SEKSY
• Students will learn to handle sexuality in different nursing contexts and operating environments.
• Students will allow sexuality to be discussed in all care relationships.
• Students will be able to provide different patient groups with sexuality-related guidance counselling
• Students will understand the influence of cultures and diversity on sexuality
• Students will become aware of ethical perspectives on sexuality
• Students will acquire the skills and knowledge to plan and provide breastfeeding counselling and assess breastfeeding situations with the family.
• Students will learn to promote a positive attitude to infants
Content of study unit
• Sexuality at the different stages of life
• Addressing sexuality as a nurse and in nursing
• Sexuality in connection with health problems
• Sexuality in different cultures
• Sexual rights and their realization
• Breastfeeding counselling competence
Teacher(s) in charge
01.01.2023 - 31.07.2023
Enrollment date range
02.12.2022 - 08.01.2023
Health and Well-being
Vain avoimen AMK:n opiskelijoille (Size: 5.
Open university: 5.)