Business English 3011391-3022 01.08.2021-31.12.2021 5 op(MKITIS21)+-
The student can both orally and in writing:
- describe the content and structure of his/her studies, training and working experience,
- introduce the operations and organization of a company and tell about different types of company forms as well as types of duties within a company,
- compile a professional job application and act in a job interview,
- communicate using right formality, vocabulary and phrases through a purchasing process (from an enquiry to an order, complaints, adjustments),
- analyze and tell about current business news in various Finnish media
- make and maintain contacts by phone, email, face-to-face
Telling about the student’s own education, training and work experience. The student understands and can use appropriate business vocabulary and phrases both orally and in writing when describing the operations of a company, business environment, products and processes.
Making and maintaining contacts, discussing current business news, practising presentation skills. Compiling a job application and CV, acting in a job interview. Documentation used in a purchasing process.