Hazem Al-Bermanei, Kari Haajanen, Hanna Hänninen, Annika Karppelin, Raimo Lehto, Timo Linnossuo, Sanna Määttä, Hannu Parkkamäki, Jani Pelkonen, Jukka Rantala, Markku Seppälä, Kimmo Tarkkanen, Harri Heikkinen, David Oliva, Jenni Mansikkala
All materials in ITS.
Contact lessons/info, teamwork, individual work, reports. Pedagogical methods used: Project learning, problem based learning, CDIO and innovation pedagogy.
31.08.2021 - 31.12.2021
01.05.2021 - 15.09.2021
50 - 350
Tekniikka ja liiketoiminta
Hazem Al-Bermanei (Hazem.Al-Bermanei@turkuamk.fi)
Kari Haajanen (Kari.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tieto- ja viestintätekniikan koulutus
Innovation project is typically a development project implemented in co-operation with a company or another external customer. However, the project may also be a part of Turku University of Applied Science’s internal research and development activities or it can be based on a student’s, student team’s own project, or business idea. In addition, development projects related to different student competitions are applicable.
Students select their preferred projects they want to work after exhibition held first of August.
After completing the course, the student can:
• participate in systematic research and development activities as a responsible member of the project team
• describe the principles of project team operation and project control
• explain the importance of the project’s goals to the business of the stakeholders
• use modern tools of project management in project planning and implementation
• solve problems related to project implementation
• apply his/her knowledge to achieve project goals
• document the project
• identify areas of further development related to one’s professional skills and is able to deepen one’s professional skills according to the project’s goals
• evaluate his/her learning and professional development in the project.
6 hours on Tuesday and 4 hours on Friday
Additionally student work in (SCRUM or other project management methods) team together with rest of team member and must meet their coach weekly.
September 2021 – December 2021.
• Project Work for pre-selected companies or organizations
• Working in groups of 5-10 students
• Each project has dedicated coach (staff member) and product owner (typically customer representative).
• SCRUM or some other method for project management
Idea/creation phase: Sep-Oct
Execution/prototyping phase: Oct 2021 – Dec 2021.