The material for beginners in Optima and, if needed, the book, about 45 Euro or availably in the libraries:
Gehring, S. & Heinzmann, S.2011. Suomen mestari 1. Suomen kielen oppikirja aikuisille. 2. painos. Helsinki: FinnLectura.
Possibly fees if visiting any museums or companys.
The studies begin at the ICT-campus.
The material of TUAS for beginners, oral activities, dialogues, possibly texts and exercises of the book. The structure and vocabulary of the language will be practiced in the oral activities and texts.
• Finnish movie
• learner´s portfolio.
Numerical assessment on a scale 0–5
Further information of the assessment is given in the implementation plan.
Scale 0 - 5. Activity based on the pair and group working AND
• oral presentation
• learner´s diary.
The assessment is based on your
• activity on taking part to the lessons, at least 80 %
• assignments outside the classroom
• working in the classroom
• assignments in Optima 100 %
• oral exam 11.4.2019.
04.03.2019 - 12.04.2019
03.12.2018 - 29.03.2019
10 - 35
Engineering and Business
If you have learned Finnish somewhere else, you are invited to show your skills in a presentation in Finnish and writing assignment in the beginning of the course.
The assessments and an oral exam are dated in Optima. Yoy have three possibility dates to upload your assessments in Optima. If your assesments were not uploaded or accepted until the last date, you will be take part in the next implementation in a year.
Additional to the classroom work you will make exercises outside of the school in the town with native language speakers. Listening comprehension and web material in Optima, Suomipassi application.
• working in the classroom 20 h
• practicing pronunciation and dialogues 20 h
• watching a Finnish movie and writing an assignment 10 h
• working in Optima 20 h
• learner´s notes to the diary 10 h
• independent work 30 h
• working in the web 25 h
The objective of the course is to learn basic knowledge in Finnish language at the CEFR level A1.3.
You are able to use important expressions in common everyday situations.
• talk about your own life and issues connected to it. Furthermore, you are able to participate in a short general discussion and understand the main points of the discussion.
• gain new knowledge on familiar issues, understand the context in short texts e.g. user instructions and news
• in writing describe events in your personal life, living environment and education.