There is no timing planned for this course unit.
- Polaine, A., Løvlie, L. & Reason, B. 2013. Service design: from insight to implementation. Brooklyn, NY: Rosenfeld Media.
- Stickdorn, M., Schneider, J. 2011. This is Service Design Thinking. John Wiley & Sons.
- Stickdorn, M., Hormess, M.E., Lawrence, A., Schneider, J. 2018. This Is Service Design Doing: Applying Service Design Thinking in the Real World. O'Reilly Media. (www.thisisservicedesigndoing.com)
Lecture materials shared by the teacher
Self- and peer evaluation
The study unit is assessed on scale 0-5.
The following, weighted components affect the grade:
- Individual assignments (1 & 2, portfolio, presentations) 40 %
- Group work (project assignment) 60 %
Returning the assignments on time affects the grade.
Aiming at professional work, the comprehensiveness, and the consideration of customer orientation, is assessed in both individual and group work.
Attendance activity can raise or lower the grade.
24.10.2022 - 16.12.2022
30.08.2022 - 25.10.2022
10 - 30
Liiketalous (not translated)
Janne Granfors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Degree Programme in Business
The course is 5 ECTS of which corresponds to 135 working hours.
Division of workload:
Contact lessons: 21 h
Distant studies: 114 h
- Service design project: 86 h
- Individual assignments 1 & 2: 8 h
- Portfolio: 18 h
- Self- and peer evaluations: 2 h
The course starts on 24 October 2022 and ends on 5 December 2022.
Content of the study unit:
- Service design concept and terminology
- Principles and processes of service design
- Methods and tools of service design
The student has not returned individual assignments and/or has not been participating to group work.
The student demonstrates mastery of the minimum skills required to complete the tasks, but there are significant gaps in skills or several tasks remain unreturned. Satisfactory application of theory and methodology. Moderate communication and documentation.
The individual tasks are well done and clearly presented. The student demonstrates a high level of mastery of the skills required to complete the tasks. Almost all assignments are returned on time. Good level of application of theory and methodology. Good communication and documentation.
The individual tasks have several notable merits, taking into account the assessment criteria. All assignments have been returned on time. Excellent application of theory and methodology, as well as communication and documentation.