Nursing in Exceptional Circumstances, 1 credits - TH00BV40
3rd year fall term
Number of ECTS credits
No upcoming implementations. See the syllabus for more information.
Competence objectives of study unit
Nursing in Exceptional Circumstances, 1 ECTS
• Students will be able to independently initiate immediate life-preserving measures and to carry out measures in crises and disaster situations.
Content of study unit
• Definition and legislation of exceptional circumstances and crises
• Common crises and causes of exceptional circumstances: accidents, toxic spills, communicable diseases, war
• Preparations for exceptional circumstances and crises
• How to act in exceptional circumstances and crises
• Psychological support and seeing patients
• Multiprofessional teamwork and interaction
• How to wear appropriate protective clothing and advanced hygiene skills
• Assessment of basic vital functions with the NEWS score system